Monday, March 17, 2008

Old Town fire escape

In high school I wanted to be one of two things. An Architect or a Photographer. My architectural drafting teacher at the vocational technology school told me it takes many years to become a financially successful Architect. My photography teacher said it's too hard to make a living as a photographer. So I settled for a job at a local company as a draftsman, making photographs on my own time. After 19 years (8 years ago) I decided to (finally) ignore my photo teacher and become a Photographer. Although much of my work is portraiture, I also enjoy architecture through making photographs. Last Sunday I took a walk downtown here in Fort Collins (Colorado), enjoying the atmosphere and the old buildings. The 1st photograph (from last Sunday) is part of the historic Northern Hotel which was renovated a few years back making it into senior housing. The 2nd photograph is of the same feature of the same building from a different angle, made May of last year. If you've got a building you'd like photographed, give me a call. And if your teacher discourages you away from your dream. Point him to the nearest lake, and tell him to jump in.

No comments:

Post a Comment