Sunday, September 21, 2008

Matt's Rat Rod

When Matt Kaufman asked me to photograph his latest Rat Rod creation I was excited. Yes excited to photograph it, but really I was excited to drive it. He had me drive it from his home to the warehouse he scheduled for the shoot. It was fun, and I - admit - the tires did squeal a bit when I drove it - grin.


Matt wanted to shop the photos to some car magazines so he asked if I would be OK with having some attractive young women in some of the pictures? I explained to him that that was not my thing, but I could suffer through it :-). He arranged the location, the models, the props, the whole thing, so all I had to bring was the photo gear. We spent a hot July afternoon in a building with no air conditioning, but were into the whole project so didn't mind the heat (Thanks for ice cold Lipton Green Tea Matt).


We also photographed a VW Trike he built a few years ago. Matt is an artist here in Northern Colorado in a variety of mediums. The resulting images are a nice addition to my Motography collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment