Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gwen's Hands

My wife is very close with her parents though we only get to see them a couple times a year. When they come to visit we're the beneficiary of their effort and interest in a few projects around the house. They came for a bit this summer and the slated home improvements were ready for them. Her dad and I built and placed a long shelf across the top of our son's bedroom. The ladies with her dad re-finished a coffee table my wife found at a second hand store. One of those nice ones with the felt lined drawers and a glass top for viewing the decor in the top drawer. And as always, her mom helped us spruce up the flower gardens. This year I finally made the picture my wife has been asking for. A photograph of her mothers hands doing what she remembers them doing all her life, working the garden. I'm a lucky husband. I get along and enjoy my in-laws. I look forward to their visit this Christmas. The list will be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment