Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A few words about Waterproof point and shoots

Waterproof point and shoot cameras are great. Sorta. The water/dust/shock-proofing are swell. What's not been so great are two things. Image quality has been not, and no lens cover. I suppose the lack of a lens cover is for anti-shock performance. My problem is the glass over the lens is constantly smudged or dirty.
I have many what would have been great photographs but for the flare from light catching the finger smudge. I shoot a Pentax W90 which has been great but for these two complaints. Olympus has just released the TG-1. Still no lens protection from my fingers. Web reports are saying this one finally has good image quality. Tempted. I guess I need to practice cleaning the lens each time I pull it out, building a habit for consistent clear pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment